Thursday, April 9, 2009

Rp, Dailies, and I Should Tank Moar.

Well, yesterday was a good day.

I went out and did my dailies, like a good little paladin. I am still awed by how fast the mobs die, and still sad by how often I'm OoM, despite keeping seal of wisdom and judgment of wisdom up.

I did my Hodir dailies, then I went to WG to farm fire. Like a little crybaby whiner, I bubble-hearthed when a 'lock and rogue decided that I'd done the round in the eternal fire area enough. That was fine, I got two fires with minimal effort. The 'lock even /danced with me as I bubble-hearthed away. Apparently, controlling WG isn't necessary to farm eternals- just have a good grasp on your coward buttons, and be prepared to accept a death.

I skinned some stuff, and earned 100g yesterday with minimal effort, then took my nap. I was a good little protadin!

When I woke up, I logged onto Rhainn, my primarily for RP death knight. Now Rhainn is an interesting character, to me. I enjoy playing villains, but villains with motivations and reasons behind what they do. No one wakes up one morning and decides that they want to kill everyone just because they're there. If they do, it's kind of unrealistic, in my opinion.

Rhainn was supposed to be a villain. But because of her multi-faceted nature, there was space in her character for a chance at redemption. Not that she wanted it. Her exterior consisted of a lot of grunting, alcoholism, cursing, and fighting. She's unfriendly, short fused, and bad at communicating. She doesn't trust anyone, and is in serious denial. I really didn't expect anyone to probe past the fact that she was apparently pissed off at the world and only really liked to drink and fight and yell at strangers.

Still, she was the daughter of one of the more prominent guild members, and was given a chance. People began to get to know her, and at least one began to understand her, in all her crazy, angry, bitter ways.

Rhainn's backstory is complicated, to say the least. I wanted a villain who had reasons to be villainous. Rhainn's primary motive was to keep everyone away, because she was dangerous. This is because she does not possess free will, entirely. On occassion, the faction that rules her raises it's ugly head and takes her over, tells her what to do, how to do it- and the hell with anything she wants. She is there to obey. As a result, being the obstinant thing she is, she rebels against anything and anyone that she perceives as trying to control her- and kept her problems a very guarded secret. God forbid anyone should perceive her as weak. Better to die fighting to prove otherwise, than to let anyone have any doubt.

At any rate, she's changed over the past few months. Changed a lot, and mostly due to the fact that despite her best intentions, she got too close to those around her. Oh, she's still nasty and unpleasant to strangers, and communicates mostly with grunting and narrowed eyes; it took countless fist fights and screaming fits for anyone to penetrate the thick barrier she formed about herself. Only someone as stubborn and hard headed as Makis could have survived, and there were times when I wondered if he would.

Now she can even admit she cares about him, and, when caught off guard or absent-minded, might even make statements that imply she doesn't loathe everyone else in the world, though those statements are quickly followed by defensive abrasiveness.

At any rate, Rhainn came out to play last night, and there was some -very- fun plot oriented RP as a result.

Kudos to Makis and to Jandrith for the new plot arc that appeared out of no where. This should be entertaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment