Saturday, April 18, 2009

Dyna's Pre-Raid Preplist

Anything worth doing is worth doing well and thoroughly. We raid because we love it; our friends are there, the game is there, and we each fulfill an integral role. We raid because there is skill there. We are a team, all working towards one goal. Sure, there may be pretty purple pixels on the screen as an in-game incentive or reward for our efforts, but at the end of the day, we’re there for our friends, for our team. We raid, because we love to raid.

Here at Holy Protadin!, I have gone… for two weeks… with no raiding. None. N-o-n-e. And let me tell you, folks, I’m starting to feel a little stir crazy!

What follows is a list of things that have gone through my head, since I woke up three hours early. (Note: Our raid starts at 9AM. Yes, folks, I woke up at 6AM. On a Saturday. I am aware that there is something severely wrong with me, yes.)

-Anything worth doing, is worth doing while looking PRETTY.
Shower. Attend to your hygiene. Put on your best dress, gussy up, tuck those earrings in and look like you’re ready to go out on the town! You’ll feel great, and the physical boost to confidence is notable. Look your best!

-Eat a good breakfast.
Make sure to eat before raiding. I can’t tell you how many times this has been an issue for me; mid-raid, I realize I’m queasy and light-headed from, oh, hunger. That thing. And who wants to wait for your lazy butt to eat food? Not me, that’s for certain!

-Get what needs to be done, done, beforehand.
Likewise, no one wants to wait for you to finish some task or chore that should have been done beforehand. Let the dog out to take a crap, feed your fish, run that load of dishes, switch your laundry- before the raid, please! Argh!

-Check your toon.
Make sure you’re at full repairs, that you have a good-sized stack of food, that you have scrolls and flasks. Double-check that you’re in your raid gear. As an RPer, this can be a very real concern, people! Double-check your gemming and enchantments, and make sure you have the appropriate water/reagents and potions.

-Set up your desk space
Make sure you have water, that your chair is comfy, that the mess-level is tolerable. If you want to be super awesome, you could even make sure you have vegetables close at hand to munch on in case you get hungry during the raid. Or if you want to be super horrid, make sure you have booze to play the ‘who wipes on Frogger?’ drinking game. Everyone loves a drunken tank!

-… chill.

-Who am I kidding? Spazz out like a ninja!
Get that energy out BEFORE you get on Vent, folks! Don’t be like me! Run around in circles outside, enjoy the fresh air and sunlight before sequestering yourself away in your dark nest for the rest of the day!

1 comment: